10-04 Chimes of Dunkirk: Teaching Dance to Children, the DVD by New England Dance Masters
Filmed throughout with two cameras by Warner & Company of Chapel Hill, NC , the video includes:
– Footage of 18 of the dances in the ‘Chimes’ collection including teaching tips for most of the dances.
– Dance teaching and calling by ‘Chimes’ editors Peter Amidon, Andy Davis and Mary Cay Brass.
– Dance teaching by two music teachers and one phys ed teacher from an elementary school in Cambridge, MA.
– An evening community dance in Connecticut, an evening community dance in Vermont, and an evening adult contra dance in Massachusetts, all with great live music.
– Dance sessions with children in elementary schools in Massachusetts and Vermont.
– A section on the basics of teaching traditional dance to children, including discussion on holding hands, choosing partners, gent/lady issues, etc.